|Whether an audiophile, musician or amateur, we want to help you choose the absolute best headphones for you. How do we expect to do that, you might ask? Well, heres a rundown of what we offer that other similar sites (aka other headphones sites not up to our level of awesomeness) do not: Find the magical pair of headphones based on your specific needs.
As you can see, we split up our collection in a number of ways to appeal to different users (that’s you).
If your mommy or daddy gave you a certain brand when you were 0.5 years old, and you’ve only owned that brand ever since, and the name of that brand makes you feel all warm and fuzzy remembering the nostalgic days spent with your finger up your nose and your headphones over your ears, you can browse by brand. We’re currently offering Shure, Grado, Sennheiser, Pioneer, Sony, Ultrasone, Denon, Beats by Dr. Dre, AKG, Monster, Phiaton, and Beyerdynamic headphones, but as we are constantly updating our inventory, that is subject to change.
However, if you don’t really care about brand or use, and you just want some superior-sounding cans that are convenient for your intended use, we have everything listed on the site split up by lifestyle.
If you're looking for a particular set of phones based on feature, we’ve got you covered (your ears, anyway) with a range of audiophile headphones, professional headphones, wireless headphones, etc. What the heck is the difference, you might ask? Here’s a quick rundown:
Ok, so comparing honesty may be a fruitless task, but we really give honest reviews. Since we absolutely refuse to offer you anything we wouldn't use (or at least recommend) ourselves, all of the headphones listed on the site go through a rigorous process to be listed. First, we compile a list of the industry's leading products based on tech specs, user feedback, and industry reviews. Then, we order each of the products and pass them around to our team of in-house audiophile experts, whose jobs we all hope to acquire someday when they're put in jail for stealing too many products. Finally, we post the very best-reviewed items on the site with our experts' 100% honest reviews pinpointing the good, the bad, and the ugly associated with each pair.
- Audiophile headphones cut the BS features (that's short for "Bizarre Supplemental," for those of you who don’t know the lingo). They focus on pure, unadulterated sound that comes out crisp, clear, and natural. They are designed solely to drive powerful, heart-stopping music into your ears.
- DJ headphones are for industry professionals who need to hear the beats clearly. They are created to deliver crisp sound and outstanding bass so that you don’t miss important musical cues.
- Similar to DJ headphones, studio and recording headphones are made for professionals who, well, record in studios. Although not expressly “noise-cancelling,” they do often have thicker pads that cut through background noise so you can clearly hear the background music or your own voice.
- Noise-cancelling headphones, contrary to popular belief, do not eliminate all outside noises. However, they do muffle them quite a bit. This is excellent for work or travel (or home if you have annoying roommates).
- Although our stylish headphones boast superior sound, stylish headphones are typically created for aesthetics. Do not expect the sound of audiophile headphones (except for Edition 8), but the edgy appearance looks very savvy.
- Portable headphones are smaller and more lightweight so you can wear them during travel without looking like an alien. Since they’re smaller, they usually do not drive the same sound quality as full size cans.
- Surround and TV headphones allow you to enjoy booming, heart-stopping surround sound without bothering other members of the household or your neighbors.
- Wireless headphones are (surprise, surprise) wireless. Although the lack of a cord may slightly alter sound quality, they eliminate the desire to break something every time the wire gets caught, so it’s a small concession.
- Computer and video game headphones actually help you hear the other noobs talking (unlike the phones that come with the game system). They also have a handy receiver, so you can talk smack in return.
- Computer and telephone headsets are for work purposes; they transmit clear sound while saving you from a permanently cocked head.
Click around and take a peek at what we offer. We are always posting new items and new reviews, so check back often. In addition to our brazen honesty, we offer outstanding customer service. We want to provide you with an easy, comfortable and personal shopping experience; after all, headphones are a very personal buy. We will talk you through your purchase and help you find the absolute best pair for specific needs.
We also offer a full range of headphone accessories to amp up your listening experience. For more information about why Earphone Solutions rocks, check out our Why Shop Here page.