Astell&Kern AK240 Player
The AK240 is Astell&Kern’s premiere high-resolution portable audio player. This top-of-the-line model improves on Astell&Kern’s other portable audio players to provide users with the ultimate listening experience. It brings listeners as close to the original sound as possible and plays the music as the artist intended it to be heard.
How much memory does it have? The AK240 has 256GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 384GB of memory with a microSD card.
Is it difficult to connect to my computer? No! You can connect wirelessly to your PC or MAC to stream high resolution audio files. The included Astell&Kern MSQ Streaming Server software offers tools to efficiently manage audio files.
What types of audio formats are supported? The AK240 supports WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, and DSF files. The Cirrus Logic CS4398 dual DACs and an additional XMOS allow these files to play natively.
Can I create playlists? Yes! The state-of-the-art touch screen allows you easy access to all of your songs. The simple “drop and drag” feature lets you move any album, song, folder, genre, or artist into a playlist.
What’s the output? The balanced terminal at the end creates a sound as close to the original recording as possible. It offers full support of 24 Bit/192 kHz high resolution audio files in addition to native DSD support.
How is the AK240’s build quality? It is made of an aircraft-grade Duraluminum chassis that undergoes a 12-step machining, finishing, anodizing, and laser engraving. This process results in an incredibly durable exoskeleton designed to protect your investment.
- Gun Metal
- Aircraft Grade Duralumin
- 3.31inch WVGA (480 x 800) AMOLED Touchscreen
- WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample)
/ DSD Native : DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
- Unbalance 2.1Vrms / Balance 2.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Support up to 24bit/192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding, DSD64/128
- USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC))
/ Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- PHONES (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- 2.59 ”(66 mm) [W] x 4.21 ”(107 mm) [H] x 0.68 ”(17.5 mm) [D]
- 6.5 oz (185 g)
- Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
Question & Answers
Questions on Astell&Kern AK240 Player
No questions asked yet